The Pirates have the most competitive camp in recent memory competing for jobs on the bench. Here are my predictions:
- 1B Gaby Sanchez – Guaranteed due to platoon with Garrett Jones
- OF Travis Snider – Actually it will probably be Jose Tabata since Snider will be the starting RF even though I initially predicted Tabata to do so. Alex Presley will probably end up being the best of the three players long term.
- Michael McKenry – Because he has no real competition as the backup catcher.
- John McDonald – As Hurdle says, McDonald is a professional and a veteran and can play all infield spots (excluding CA).
- Felix Pie – He would bring some much-needed speed to the bench and allow some flexibility in late inning situations. He was a decent PH back in 2011 in limited attempts. I dread it will be Brandon Inge.