Busy week and internet problems delayed me from commenting on things that have occurred this past week. So here I go:
- I had a meltdown when Clint Hurdle left Jared Hughes in for a second inning in a tied game. Isn’t that what our best relievers are for? Of course we lost the game when Hughes gives up a 2-run HR. Then the next game Hurdle rubs it in by using Mark Melancon in a game where the Bucs had a comfortable lead. Drives me mad.
- Travis Snider has really given me confidence that he is going to be a very solid hitter. He is raking right now.
- The Bucs lineup can really dominate RHP. And if Starling Marte can avoid long droughts during adjustments, he and Andrew McCutchen can keep us competitive against LHP.
- I support the all righty lineup against starting LHP.
- Those two HRs from Pedro Alvarez were bombs! I even made my wife, who doesn’t like baseball, watch the replays. If he can even match last year’s performance, this team is going to be very competitive.
- I’m sure this will work itself out before it happens, but interesting to see what does happen when Jeff Karstens, Francisco Liriano, and Charlie Morton are all available.
- Wandy Rodriguez is so impressive. When he pitches, I feel we can beat anyone. AJ Burnett and him make a very solid 1 & 2.
- James McDonald is so up-and-down, even from batter to batter. His confidence vacillates wildly. When he is up, he can be dominating. When he is down, it can be painful to watch.
- Long season and many things can happen, but my confidence in this team is sky-high. They seem confident and relaxed. I truly believe they will make the playoffs, or at worst, at least end the drought.