But, not in that order. We like to finish on a positive note, so we’ll start with the ugly, then move on to the bad, and close with the good.
- The Bucs have scored the 2nd fewest runs in the NL.
- -19 in run differential.
- 1-6 against the Reds.
- Averaging .86 errors per game. Only the Cards are worse in the NL.
- Phil Gosselin and John Jaso have combined for 11 hits in 80 at bats.
- Gosselin and Jaso have 80 at bats.
- Pirates are four games under .500 and in last place in the division.
- Gregory Polanco is batting .221 with zero HR’s. His production is essential to the team’s success.
- Pirates are only four games out of the division lead.
- Only 2.5 games back from the last wild card slot.
- Pirates went 6-6 versus the Cubs, Cards, and Yankees. (Maybe not good, but no bad either.)
- Josh Harrison and his .895 OPS.
- Ivan Nova leading a quality starting rotation.