- It is an unbelievable feeling expecting to win every game.
- I’m not upset at all that the Pirates couldn’t sign Mark Appel. I don’t wish Appel to get injured, but…. I won’t feel sorry for him if he does. I’m proud the Bucs didn’t mortgage the future to sign him.
- Speaking of mortgaging the future. I take that as a sign they won’t do it in making any trades. That means you won’t see Gerrit Cole, Jameson Taillon, or Luis Heredia traded. I doubt Starlin Marte, Robbie Grossman, Kyle McPherson, or Josh Bell either.
- You might see one of the players I doubt actually being traded if they get someone like Justin Upton who they could keep hold of for multiple seasons. But, I don’t see this trade getting done.
- If they do get Upton, I think it has as much to do with solidifying the OF defense without a drop-off offensively and strengthening the bench (Drew Sutton/Alex Presley moving there) as anything else.
- I don’t care whether the Bucs make a trade or don’t make a trade. I only care that if they do make a trade that it is a good one. Trades are always about looking at the big picture and improving your team with short term and long term considerations.
- Neil Walker has been looking like one of the best second baseman in baseball.
- Pedro Alvarez is a beast.