Well we’ve learned some things over the last week. Drew Hutchinson will not be in the starting rotation as he performed inconsistently over the spring and trended downward as the season approached. Jung Ho Kang still isn’t cleared to join the team and there is no timetable for him to do so. Chad Kuhl captured the #4 spot in the rotation. Josh Bell has struggled this spring. Jared Hughes pitched horribly and was released. Tyler Webb, Rule 5, has performed well. Adam Frazier has been a stellar hitter all spring. Alen Hanson has performed well this spring including being a capable outfielder.
That being said, here is what I think:
- The Bucs will open the season with only four starting pitchers. When they do call up a 5th starter it will be Trevor Williams.
- Jose Osuna is the recipient of the extra roster spot for fielders/hitters.
- Osuna will get the start at 1B in Boston.
- Adam Frazier will start at 2B and lead-off on opening day.
- Josh Harrison will start at 3B.
- Josh Bell will DH, but outside chance David Freese ends up here.
- Tyler Webb will make the team.
- Andrew McCutchen will have a bounce back year and be an All Star.
- Gerrit Cole will be in the Cy Young discussion.
- The bullpen will be dominant.
No comments yet.