I think many of the positive thinkers thought the Bucs had a chance to win the division entering the season with the Cards and Brewers regressing. So it is not entirely surprising to find them in the division lead at the All Star Break. But, who would have thought they’d have the 2nd best record in the NL? Simply amazing.
- Here is hoping the hot hitting Casey McGehee heals quickly Looks like Matt Hague’s recall came just in time.
- Neil Walker is torching the ball. If he can become the very solid hitter we all hoped he would (.280, 18 HRs), the lineup gets that much tougher.
- A.J. gets 10 wins before the All Star Break and is not an All Star. To think this team has five guys with legit arguments for being an All Star – A.J., Cutch, J-Mac, Grilli, and Hanrahan. Pedro not far off. This really is a good team.
- I heard the rumors of trading for Shane Victorino or Carlos Quentin. Neither one excites me.
- The rumor about Justin Upton grabs your attention, but when you put thought into it, I can’t see how the Bucs can afford to trade for him. Or should afford it. It’d be fun to have him, but I don’t see it happening.